I read this blog by Ends and Beginnings titled The Actions of Others. It was about one of her friends, whose drink was tainted with a Roofie or best known as the Date Rape drug.
For two years, I was a volunteer for a Rape Crisis Hotline. There were numerous calls that I answered where girls were drugged and sexually assaulted. They were, usually, at a bar when the Roofie was slipped into their drink.
Every call, the Victims felt responsible for being raped. And, all of them were ashamed of what had happened to them.
This is what Sexual Assault does to the victim. It makes the VICTIM feel Guilty and Responsible for being RAPED.
When it’s the Piece of SHIT perp, who is GUILTY and to BLAME, for Victimizing the girl or guy.
I would reassure every caller that it was not their FAULT and I would repeat this over and over. They would make every excuse to validate it was their fault, but I kept insisting it was not and explain how they were not to blame for being RAPED.
- 1 in 5 Women will be raped in their lifetime.
- In 8 out of 10 cases of rape, the victim knew the person, who assaulted them.
- 80% of victims are under the age of 30. 44% are under the age of 18.
- 68% of sexual assaults are not reported to the police.
- 98% of rapists will never spend a day in jail or prison.
- Every 107 seconds, another American will be sexually assaulted.
- Every year, there are about 293,000 victims of sexual assault.
RAINN, Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network, is the nation’s largest anti-sexual assault organization.
RAINN’s online hotline: https://ohl.rainn.org/online/
National Sexual Assault Hotline: 800-656-HOPE (4673)