Fear may be the most powerful emotion we feel. I say this, because I was thinking how we fear death, failure, pain, the unknown, the future, and the list can be endless.
I have feared all the things I have just listed. There will be moments where I’m reminded of how fear keeps me from living and really what I fear isn’t something to be afraid of.
After watching my mother struggle with cancer and die, I know what we believe matters in life really doesn’t. When facing death it’s then that we understand what’s really important.
It’s this understanding of what’s important that we need to grasp before death is knocking at our door.
Since my mother’s death, I have no fear of dying. But the living part, I’m still working on.
This is what I know now:
- Love with no limits and no strings.
- Pain doesn’t last forever.
- Failure helps us learn.
- Take the time to appreciate all the positives in our life.
- Live in the present and worry less about the future and the past has happened so let it go.
- Forgive, it benefits the forgiver.
- Learn from the pain and mistakes, but don’t let it define me.
- Do what makes me happy.
- Those Fantastic moments and Great opportunities in life, enjoy them to the fullest.
- Each day really can be a new beginning.