One of the great things about the summer time is the abundance of fruit.
During the summer, I eat fruit daily. I like watermelon, cantelope, honeydew melon, strawberries, bing cherries, grapes, blueberries and the list is endless. However, I’m not a big fan of pineapple. I’ll eat it, but only a bite or two. It’s a bit too sour for my liking.
When winter arrives I’m sad that the variety of fruit becomes scarce. And, I, patiently, wait for summer to arrive so I can indulge on all the fruit I love.
During the summer time, I have an addiction to ice cream. I eat it pretty much EVERY day. It’s only during the summer that I eat ice cream, because as soon as the weather changes to cold I lose interest in it.
Yesterday, I decided to get a McDonald’s ice cream cone. The first McDonalds I went to their ice cream machine was not working. I was devastated, of course…LOL. Because I was set on eating a McDonald’s ice cream cone.
I didn’t give up and went to another McDonalds not far away…LOL.
Their machine was not broke! And, the day was a success and I got my ice cream fix for the day! LOL
Washing a cookie off, this was probably not the best solution to getting the ranch dressing off my cookie…LOL.
It did get the ranch dressing off my cookie and it still tastes good. However, the cookie is very soggy.
I don’t know what I was thinking when I put the cookie under water to get the ranch dressing off it.
Why is it the mention of FREE food makes us so HAPPY?
This week it has been FREE food to show appreciation for all that Nurses do. Thursday, we had free ice cream. This morning was breakfast burritos. And tonight, we get to enjoy a nacho bar.
I miss working in the emergency room and the FREE pizza and other goodies. It’s crazy in the emergency room so management would, always, feed us. Man, Good Times…LOL.
For April 23 and 24, 2016
- Seeing Wanda Sykes, Saturday April 23. It was a fun night filled with laughs.
- Sitting on the stage, where Wanda performed. We could have touched her we were so close.
- Having a Ladies Night, getting dressed up, going out, and having a good time.
- Eating at one of my favorite restaurants, Maggianos.
- Drinking some really tasty wine, Seven Daughters Moscato white wine, very fruity.
- Trying a Lemon Drop Martini, it was DEE lish.
- Giving our leftover Maggianos to homeless kids and their four dogs.
- Being able to walk around in high heel boots and not being in too much agony.
- Hanging out with a friend and having a Sex and the City moment, drinks and talking about our guy problems.
- Watching the movie Sisters with a friend.
- Watching Prince and Lenny Kravitz perform together, that would have been a dream concert to be at with those two on stage together.
- Not being too hung over, despite that I drank more than usual Saturday night and mixed my alcohol, wine and Vodka.
- Going on a run and feeling better after my very late Saturday night.
- Watching Burnt, finally, after renting it three times and it was really good.
- Having a lazy day of really doing nothing and not stressing over doing nothing.
- Coming to conclusions about a situation and realizing that a particular person in my life really views me poorly and negative and not the right person for me.
- Being firm on what I want in a relationship and not just accepting what a guy wants to give to be with him. I’d rather be alone then settle.
- Making plans with a friend for some future fun times.
- Giving my pups hugs, they were with my ex on Saturday and, of course, I missed them even though it was only one day they were gone.
- Laughing, I try to do it every day.
The pups and I went to PetSmart this morning to get their Light dog food. We did a weigh in while we were there.
Zeus lost ONE pound. After all the exercising and dieting, I thought he lost at least five pounds. He lost ONLY ONE damn pound.
Now, I understand the frustration of trying to lose weight.
Apollo lost only two pounds.
Zeus has curves now after dieting as you can see in the pic on the left. The pic in the middle was taken before the diet. Apollo on the right after I cut back on their food.
The last couple walks Zeus has been resisting exercising. Yes, I’m pulling him as we go on our walk and, as soon as, I turn around to come home Zeus picks up the pass and trots right beside me.
I’m Jillian, The Weight Loss Dog Whisperer, Michaels.
My dogs are Fat. Yes, this is what the Vet said and they have to both lose 10 pounds. This is the consequences of being an Over feeder.
I’ve been feeding them less and feeling guilty the whole time that I’m starving them. Because I’m having guilt issues, I’ve been trying to think of snacks for them that are healthy and zero calories, like carrots, blueberries, bananas. Apollo, actually, likes broccoli.
We went on two walks today. I came home from work and they were excited to go on a walk. After sleeping three hours, we went on another walk.
Zeus, my 97 pound dog (however, I think he’s lost a couple pounds), resisted the whole time during the second walk. SO, I ended up pulling him the entire walk, until, we turned around to come home and he was a happy camper. He trotted right next to me and I didnt have to pull his heavy, furry body…LOL.
I’m going to start drinking smoothies as a snack between meals, because the breakfast bars have waaaaaay toooooo much FAT in them. The weight I’ve gained goes right to my stomach and I’m not losing it.
So, I thought smoothies have to be better than the breakfast bars. I looked up some Smoothie recipes last night and they’re easy to make. At the grocery store this morning, I bought some bananas and I have frozen fruit in the freezer. I bought ice cube trays and an ice bucket.
Anyone out there with smoothie recipes, please do share. Thank you.