I know it’s been awhile since I’ve wrote a blog. On October 21st, I had to say good-bye to my red dog, Apollo. A part of my heart was taken when I lost him.
Last week, I tried to write a blog about losing Apollo, but I couldn’t write it without being overcome with grief. Even now, it’s still to hard for me to discuss his death.
But, I wanted to explain why it has been so long that I haven’t written a blog.
Despite how my day started with the PIG, who thought it was ok to say sexual things to me, I thought a Positive Thinking post was in order.
- My pups always make my days brighter and give me peace of mind knowing they will rip someone’s leg off if they try to hurt me.
2. The Soda Bottles that are half the size than the regular ones. Whoever invented these soda bottles is a genius and perfect for me, because I can never finish a full size one.
3. Friends, because they make life better and fun, and one of my friends this week was so sweet.
4. I discovered the buttermilk chicken sandwich at McDonalds the other day and it’s Yum, Yum, Yummy.
5. I watched Independence Day and it’s still a Great movie. It has been a long time since I’ve seen it.
6. Snapchat face changer, it allows me to share my silly side and start my day with a laugh.
7. I interrupted my procrastination and worked on my query letter and synopsis so I can solicite literary agents.
8. Nutribiotic all natural nose spray, I’ve gone through the worst part of allergy season without getting sick so far.
9. I found out these movies, I’ve been wanting to see, will be available at Redbox soon. I live a very uneventful life and don’t do much…LOL.
10. Ice Cream, my summer treat that I eat a lot of only when it’s hot out. Some of my favorite places to get ice cream McDonalds, Dairy Queen, Liks and Sonic.
What positive things have been happening for my fellow bloggers?
My favorite pictures to answer Paardje Question to Share Your World 2016 #29.
This is my little Rottweiler, Daisy, who I lost to cancer 3 years ago. She was only 7 years old. In this picture, Daisy is five years old, I think. I rescued her after she was abandoned at a PetSmart grooming center. She was only 3 months old. Daisy was so spunky and forever a puppy. She loved to play, chase her brothers around the yard and fetch anything I threw. I miss her every day and wish she was still with us.
A collage of my fur babies Apollo is the red Rottweiler, Zeus is the multi-colored Rottweiler and Daisy the full breed Rottie. The pics with Daisy were when we found out she had cancer, except for the dog park pic, which I created through Photoshop and put my pups in the pic. All of my dogs are rescues. Zeus and Apollo were adopted from a Texas animal shelter. And, all three grew up together.
I know it’s been awhile since I posted a Positive Thinking post, but every day I try to keep my focus on the good things that happen throughout the day.
- One of my dogs, Zeus, had surgery to remove one of his toes and that surgery went well. His foot where the toe was taken has healed and with the toe removed he’s not in pain when we go one walks.
- News on Zeus’ toe that was removed. The bone did have a cancerous tumor, but it’s not a cancer that spreads. So, Zeus is cancer-free, as far as, we know, but the Vet was confident the toe removal took care of the cancer.
- I’ve been taking time to enjoy my days off instead of always working on something. For a few hours every day off, I’ll take the time to watch a movie or hang with friends or read a book, etc. I get focused on things and work, work, work non-stop until I burn myself out, so I’m trying to balance my life.
- I watched Ride Along 2.
- Went to Happy Hour with a friend.
- Learning copywriting.
- Brushing up on SEO, which has changed and from what I read is always changing.
- I paid my license plates renewal a month early. This is great, because I, usually, am paying it during the grace period month…LOL.
- Watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.
- My sister’s generosity has no limits even when she can’t afford to be generous. She gets it from my father. They both want to, always, help family.
Originally posted on Straight from the Horse’s Heart: Source: Front Range Equine Rescue Despite strong opposition, the Bureau of Land Management, (BLM), intends to move forward with gruesome and dangerous sterilization experiments on wild mares HINES, Ore., July 26, 2016 – Front Range Equine Rescue (FRER), a national nonprofit working to end the abuse…
via Breaking News: Nonprofit Horse Rescue Group Challenges Inhumane Experimental Surgery — hocuspocus13
I’ve been writing blogs for not quite ten years. I think it was 2008 when I entered the world of blogging. My ex kept telling me to monetize the blogs, but he didn’t tell me how to do it. I don’t think he really knew how or just didn’t want to set it up for me.
Well, the set up is a bit time consuming, especially, if you’re techy challenged like me. I don’t know if there is a hosting program out there that does all the set up for a novice like me, but it would really be nice if it existed.
I plan to set this blog up to monetize it and two more blogs, but after setting up Dog Cyber Park and the glitches I’ve run into I’m glad I started with a non-existing blog first. The help desk at eHost will be getting many calls from me…LOL.
Why did I go with eHost for my blog hosting? They were given a high rank as one of the best hosting sites and they were the cheapest. Bluehost and GoDaddy were over a hundred dollars for their web hosting.
I hope this monetizing works out, because hosting is not cheap.
I have a new WordPress Blog, Dog Cyber Park, that I put on a web hosting site in attempt to monetize it. I’m technically challenged so it took me all day to figure out how to set it up and there’s still more to do. The only thing I really know how to do is write blogs…LOL. So, I was able to post 5 blogs.
Hope y’all like the new Dog site, which my pups, Apollo, Zeus and Daisy will show make may appearances on.
Thursday, I took my pup, Zeus, to the Vet to have his toenail looked at, because it was bent. I was afraid he would get it caught on something and it would get ripped out of his paw. The vet wanted to take an x-ray of his toe to see if there was an infection.
After the radiologist looked at the x-ray, I get the news that Zeus has bone cancer in his toe. They want to amputate the toe so they can test the bone to see what kind of cancer it is or if it’s a benign tumor. From my understanding benign means it’s not cancerous, but the radiologist was like it’s cancer. The vet is saying the tumor could be benign.
I lost my Daisy to bone cancer three years ago come this July. I’m still not over losing her. All my pups are rescues. Daisy was abandoned at a Pet Smart grooming center in Texas and I saw her when the staff was walking her around the store. As soon as, I saw her I knew I wanted her and that I would name her Daisy.
Zeus, I rescued from an animal shelter. He was from a litter of 8 puppies. As soon as I saw the furball, I wanted him and he was my first puppy. I raised him since he was two months old, so losing him is going to be very hard.
Rottweilers are prone to getting cancer. Zeus is part Rottweiler, Black Lab and cattle dog. He’s a very laid back dog, stubburn, low-energy and stoic. He’s not the type of dog to snuggle with you or follow his master around. I, always, know he’s somewhere holding the floor down.
The news that Zeus could have cancer has depressed me. I haven’t wanted to do anything since Thursday. I don’t have kids so my dogs are my fur babies. I’m hoping that he doesn’t have cancer. If it’s is the Big C, I hope it hasn’t spread and by taking off his toe that it’ll give him a couple more years.