I know it’s been awhile since I posted a Positive Thinking post, but every day I try to keep my focus on the good things that happen throughout the day.
- One of my dogs, Zeus, had surgery to remove one of his toes and that surgery went well. His foot where the toe was taken has healed and with the toe removed he’s not in pain when we go one walks.
- News on Zeus’ toe that was removed. The bone did have a cancerous tumor, but it’s not a cancer that spreads. So, Zeus is cancer-free, as far as, we know, but the Vet was confident the toe removal took care of the cancer.
- I’ve been taking time to enjoy my days off instead of always working on something. For a few hours every day off, I’ll take the time to watch a movie or hang with friends or read a book, etc. I get focused on things and work, work, work non-stop until I burn myself out, so I’m trying to balance my life.
- I watched Ride Along 2.
- Went to Happy Hour with a friend.
- Learning copywriting.
- Brushing up on SEO, which has changed and from what I read is always changing.
- I paid my license plates renewal a month early. This is great, because I, usually, am paying it during the grace period month…LOL.
- Watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.
- My sister’s generosity has no limits even when she can’t afford to be generous. She gets it from my father. They both want to, always, help family.
As I’m living in the moment, I keep thinking about when my mom and dad were fighting cancer. They weren’t thinking about what or who made them angry.
Regrets, this is what they shared with me. They regretted things they didn’t do, things they didn’t say and things they didn’t resolve.
If I was to die tomorrow, I know I’d have many regrets. One being that I haven’t visited my sister. I said to my cousin when my sister was in the ICU that I should visit my sister while she’s alive. So I’m putting action with my words.
Despite that I don’t get along with her husband, I’m not going to make that an excuse not to visit. Also, my sister can annoy and piss me off, but as long as we’re both still breathing, we’ll get on each other’s nerves. The fact of the matter is she’s my sister and we care about each other and that’s all that matters.
From my parent’s struggle with cancer and death, I understand what’s really important in life, which is family and friends, being kind and caring, being positive, happiness and going after what you want. I’m reflecting and learning from their mistakes, and doing all the things I want to do instead of just wishing to do them.
Thank you, Captain Obvious is a blog by Beauty Beyond Bones and she talks about how God is always talking to us.
There’s been times, well, lots of times where I’ve wondered about my life and just wanted an answer.
I saw this post on Facebook that stated spend the money and travel, you can always make money. Seeing the world, this is on my bucket list. I thought about that post and as I was comparing airline prices I saw a Frontier ad where they’re offering one way tickets for $34.
Curiosity got the better of me and I clicked on the ad to see what deals were available. I kept thinking about that post and decided I’m going to Vegas.
I saw another post that said, It’s not what you say, but what you do that matters. After seeing that post and remembering the post about traveling, I started looking for flights to go see my sister, because I told her I would visit her. She’s sick and probably not going to be around much longer.
So, I interpreted these posts as God’s way of telling me to get out of my head, quit thinking and worrying so much and Live.
I’m living in the Moment and remind myself that I can always work more to make more money. And, as I live in the moment, I keep an eye out for any messages from God.
In honor of sibling day, I thought I would write a blog dedicated to my sister.
I’m the little sister and my sister and I were not close growing up, because she’s older than me. However, we have, always, shared the sister bond.
The quote pretty much sums up our bond. Mess with my sister, the asshole has to mess with me. My sister has the same attitude anyone messes with me, they have to deal with my sister.
We don’t, always get along. We get on each other’s nerves and piss each other off. My sister has different views that clash with mine about various things. Time will go by where we don’t talk to each other.
But at the end of the day and despite conflicts, we are still SISTERS. Our sisterhood is special, because we are not sisters by blood.
But Choose to have the sisterly bond, because we are both adopted.